Sunday, November 23, 2008

LTNS

Well I caught a couple of breaks in the online class I am taking so I have a chance to make a post. Whoo-Hoo. So far the class is going very well. Of course I am working my back-side off to make sure that's the case. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by getting a mediocre grade since the company is helping to pay for it. There are only 2 weeks plus the Final left before I am finished. I have another online class lined up for January so I better start looking to get the text for it soon. I also need to put some time into completing my challenge portfolios so I can get credit for them. Once I get the challenge credits plus finish this class I will only need 8 more classes (or 24 semester hours) to finish my degree.

This past week has kind of crazy for me. I was able to implement a few successful changes at work plus submit a fully-revised Installation Report describing all the hardware and software with a complete data dictionary and a complete description of who is served plus how they are served by our document imaging implementation. You could practically reproduce our whole operation, sight unseen, with this report. The first time I did it, it took me months to gather all the required information but the update after our recent hardware and software upgrade took me about 2 weeks (working on it as time allowed). I also found out this week that my carpool ride will be ending. A co-worker who came from further away from the office had been picking me up each day on her way to work and I was paying her to cover the gas expenses. Since the price of gas has come down and the aggravation of the drive on I-95 has gone up, she has asked that we stop car-pooling. The way she had to come to get me added 30 minutes plus extreme stress to her commute each way, so I understand. We will miss the time we had each day so we have decided that we will institute a "Girl's Night Out" for us after the first of the year.

Another event threw me for a loop this past week. I found out that my Aunt (my Dad's brother's wife) passed away last Sunday. Because we live in Florida and they live in Virginia, we didn't see each other very often in my life. As a matter of fact, the last time I saw her was over 11 years ago at Dad's funeral. I do have some pleasant memories of her and she was a pretty amazing woman of her time but she was not really a part of my life. So I was surprised by how much the news of her death effected me. She was 86 when she died and she and my Uncle had been married 63 years. There has been some family tension over the years but none of that matters anymore because she is gone. I hope she can rest in peace.

Until next time...

6 comments:

Angel Wings said...

WHEN ARE WE HAVING OUR BOWLING SUNDAY???!!!???

You always set up stuff with your friends but never stick to OUR bowling Sunday!

KittKatz said...

When are you going to finish your Aristotle paper? And don't say I don't plan for things with you? All last Saturday was your tournament and this afternoon, after you finish your paper, we are going to some dorky vampire movie.

Angel Wings said...

IT'S NOT DORKY!!!!IT'S SOOOO AWSOME!!! And I thought you enjoy taking embarassing pictures of me and putting them on your desk at work!!!

KittKatz said...

I take it tyour homework is finished????

Angel Wings said...

you can expect that!!!

KittKatz said...

What are you doing on Blogger at 12:54 PM on a school day?