Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh No... Beees!

Current Music: Snippets of classical music from Baby's Goodnight CD
The holiday madness is ending - thank goodness... Even though I get very busy and don't get much time to lurk here, etc., I am glad that life will be getting back to normal this week. Christmas and I absolutely have a Love/Hate relationship and I'm glad I have another 350+ days before we meet again. That reminds me - I need to refill my Shuffle with non-Christmas music for this week. (OK - got that started)

When I wasn't hassling Baby to finish her homework ( she has had over 2 weeks), I spent some time reading, some time checking up on friends and family online and playing with the Wii Baby got for Christmas. Based on a recommendation, one of the games we got was Animal Crossing:City Folk. This is a game even I can play. I can't stand violent or shoot-em-up games and can't get into surreal fantasy role-playing games or pro-sport games. I am not coordinated enough to play games that require quick eye-to-hand coordination and I really can't stomach something like a Fashion Barbie game. That makes for pretty slim pickings in the e-game world. Even though AC is pretty much a no-brainer, it is fun and relaxing to play. Once we get our main TV fixed, we will try to set it up online out in the living room and "visit" others we know that also play the game. That should make it a bit more interesting. Hint: Once you have been stung by bees, you cannot be hurt any worse, so shake as many trees as you want. You will always be better by the next day so save your 400 Bells (store was closed today anyway). Sometimes you get "pity presents".

I start my new class tomorrow. This one is a 16-week course rather than the 8-week courses I have taken so far. Since it is the same 3 semester hours, I am thinking the workload will be a little more spread out thought the subject matter is a bit harder this time around. By May I will only have 7 classes left. I am going to try and finish my 2 challenge portfolios before this summer as well.

It is also time to begin new projects at work. This is the year I HAVE to convert the scanning operation over to the company standard software (w/ or w/o the assistance of the company). I also have to begin Tech Refresh since most of the hardware in the field is over 5 years old and no longer covered by any service plan. I am also hoping to take the Advanced course for certification purposes in the software we use. I'd like to wait a few months on that one since it involves travelling to Cleveland. Once again, I am in the position of having to hire a new scan operator. It was too bad the last one I hired couldn't stay. She fit in so well with the people I already had. HR/ Admin stuff is the least favorite part of my work day. Life won't be dull by any means.

2 comments:

Angel Wings said...

So basically means that you won't play guitar hero with me??? And don't worry about the time...Mrs.Wolf lets us do whatever we want in the last ten minutes of school plus the time isn't complete rocket science...and I know I procrastinate...

KittKatz said...

It's not that I won't - It's that I am not coordinated enough to...