Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Week Flies By

Reminder to self - Remember to cross-post this on Blogger so Baby will have something to read...

I just finished me first week of my online class. So far, so good. I aced the quiz, did well on my HTML resume and completed my requisite Discussion Board posts. I have actually also read my next chapter already. One never know when the week will go totally crazy and time will run out on assignments.

Speaking of crazy days, I spent 1 afternoon this past week at a company ER (I work for a hospital company but not in a hospital.) with Sissy. She is only 22 and this her 2nd go-around with a kidney stone. Since this is now officially a recurring problem, the next step is to get her an appointment with a nephrologist. She is too young for this.

Baby has been slacking the last couple of weeks in school and it cost her the opportunity to go to the Icebreaker Dance. We also have her cell phone until she explains what is going on and how she is going to fix it. The timing on this couldn't be worse and her report card is going to suck. The good news is that next week starts a new marking period and she will have a clean slate. She is in this advanced program by choice. She is going to have to get more organized, stop lying and embrace her homework if she wants to do well. We know she CAN do it; the question is whether or not she WILL do it.

Found out that I will be losing my new hire at work (moving out of state due to personal problems) and I will probably not be able to replace her until 1st quarter 2009. Ack!! It is a real shame she has to leave because she is the best fit for the department that I have ever hired. She took to the job like a duck to water and all the others in the department had taken her under their wings.

The boys at corporate have been amusing themselves lately by contacting our tech guys every time one of my servers burps and making a major incident out of it. I'm glad they have that much time and energy - I sure don't. The funny thing is the problems aren't even on my production system but the test system that we just converted off of. I think I will continue to keep giving them more rope. It increases my case for semi-independence and from being under their thumb. I know my boss doesn't need much more convincing. So sorry but we do not fit the cookie-cutter implementation model they want to control. (I guess I should post this Private, just in case.)

Until next time...

3 comments:

Shep said...

Wow.

Hi, I'm Seth.

*holds hand out to shake*

Over,

-Seth

KittKatz said...

Hi Seth,

Nice to meet you.

K.

Angel Wings said...

Hey and I wasn't invited!!!

(tee hee)

-make a note of it

Angel Wings